Thursday, August 11, 2005

summer knit update



I haven't updated in forever, but I have been knitting!

I am currently making a light summery wrap using 2 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze and the pattern for the Lacy Scarf in Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. I tripled the width and am probably at least doubling or tripling the length.





I finally learned how to yarn over! These pics are from very early on in the process - I've now got about 4x that length but I'm going to keep going for another foot or two. I plan on wearing the finished wrap over my bridesmaid's dress at my father's wedding next month.

I've also got another baby blanket on the needles, a pastel version of the same colors I did for the last blanky. And I'm thinking about getting started on a laptop tote from SNB Nation - I just bought an iBook and I love the stripes!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ooooo.. Your wrap! The airy lacey thing is pretty nice... I think it might actually make that green dress look almost acceptable! lol!

And I love that laptop bag.. it's great looking ain't it? I think you should make it! What better way to carry your laptop around eh? What colors are you thinking of?

MsFortuknit said...

This is beautiful!

The true story of one girl's adventures in knitting and academia.