Monday, June 20, 2005

fo - the summer blanky



Well it's not 100% finished, I still have to weave in the ends and block this bad boy, but it's almost there! I've spent most of the last month on it and I like the way it turned out. I wanted it to be very bright and summery for the July baby it was made for. Baby is due in about 2-3 more weeks, so I am right on schedule! I know it's a girl, and the colors are a little boyish, but like I said, I wanted it bright and fun. I think the mom is not the super-girly-everything-must-be-pink-pink-pink- type, so it will be okay.

These pics were taken in natural light with no flash, so the colors are as true as possible:







For the 2nd blanky in a row I used Debbie Bliss DK Cotton instead of the Rowan, and I like it better. It's a bit softer and thicker, slightly more plush for baby. Now for the first time in, like, a year, I have no baby projects in the queue!

Next up, I should really go back to Tempting. I stalled out on attaching the sleeves to the body, and I know I can do it, I just have to work up the gumption. I'm also planning a lacy scarf/wrap to wear over a bridesmaid dress for my dad's September wedding. More on that stuff later.

Hope everyone is enjoying the first days of summer!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I was wondering about that yarn.. When I go to the yarn shop on Wed. I'll make sure to feel some : )

Thoes colors are SUPER bright! Maybe you should get some baby sunglasses to go with it ; )

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for leaving a message at the forum. I like your blog.
G.

The true story of one girl's adventures in knitting and academia.