Tuesday, January 02, 2007

christmas hats



I started making adult-sized hats last year for Christmas gifts, they're so fast and easy to make, plus they're practical! I use a simple pattern, 90 stitches cast on size 7 straight needles. An inch or so of 1x1 rib, then stockinette stitch for the rest. The only slightly tricky part are the k2tog decreases, and those aren't hard at all.

Here are two FO I made for my husband's cousin Matt:



I'm still working on a throw blanket for my sister, but it's been slow going.

I might start going to a Stitch N Bitch group that started up in the last year down the street from me. I joined their Yahoo group and they seem like nice ladies. They meet Thursday nights at the Starbucks in Old Town Fairfax.

No comments:

The true story of one girl's adventures in knitting and academia.