Sunday, May 01, 2005

booga 2: electric boogaloo



My 2nd Booga knit up much faster than the first one, using Peruvian Collection Highland Wool from Elann. It felted much more than the Kureyon did. In just one cycle it shrunk significantly more!

I cast on 40 stitches for the base to make a longer and leaner bottom than the first one. After shrinking, it became the perfect clutch size.



I hope Renee likes it!

I'm giving it to her when I see her next weekend for Mother's Day and Dad's Birthday festivities back home in Philadelphia.

Booga the First has now made several public outings with me, and I have to admit I keep desperately hoping someone will notice its handmade-edness and say something. Not yet, though.

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a springy spring like purse! She better like it! If she doesn't you should keep it >: )

You know.. in a way it's really good that no one has said "Did you make that?".. cause I'd imagine that most of the time regular folks would say that because it doesn't look good enough to be paid for..

Kim said...

I've been wondering.. How is your sweater going? : )

Kim said...

Man.. I really can't blame you.. I just tried reading the pattern where they tell you how to do the sleeves and I really can't figure it out..

Maybe when you're feeling better you could find something on the internet (possibly the knitty forum) that explains it better..

And thanks for the compliments : )

The true story of one girl's adventures in knitting and academia.